Coming Out Stories — Call for panelists
October 3, 2020
Do you have a coming out story you are eager to share? Are you trans+? Non-binary? A parent, partner, or loved one of a trans+ person? FORGE is hosting a coming out panel on October 13, 2020 @ 6pm CENTRAL. We’re looking for a wide range of stories and experiences. Each person will have 5-8 minutes to share their story. Interested? Send us a note (Pactfirstname.lastname@example.org) with a little bit about yourself and a one-liner that highlights a primary component of the story you would like to share. We’re eager to hear from you!
We are especially interested in hearing from…
- Folks who are non-binary, gender non-conforming, agender, gender-expansive
- Parents of trans+ youth (or trans+ adults)
- Trans+ People of Color
- Partners of trans+ people
- Folks living with disabilities
- Survivors of sexual victimization or intimate partner violence
- People whose faith is important to them
- Individuals living in rural communities
We want to make sure we have a range of experiences, including…
- Folks of all ages
- Folks of all gender vectors
- Folks of many racial and ethnic backgrounds
- Folks of different levels of dis/ability
- Folks who are binary and non-binary
- Folks who are in relationships, and those who are not (partnerships, family, +)
- Folks who live in rural and urban environments
- Folks who are poor, working class, middle class, +
We would love to hear back from you by Friday, October 9, 2020. We will respond to all emails by October 9, 2020 about your potential involvement on the panel slated for Tuesday, October 13, 2020.
Thanks for your interest in sharing your story.