- This event has passed.
Transgender Day of Remembrance 2018
November 18, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Please join FORGE and our community partners in an evening of remembering, honoring, connecting & healing with special guest speaker Monica Roberts.
Monica Roberts, AKA the TransGriot (Gree-oh), is a native Houstonian, GLAAD award winning blogger, writer, and award winning trans human rights advocate. She’s the founding editor of TransGriot, and her writing has appeared at the Bilerico Project, Ebony.com, The Hungton Post and the Advocate. She works to foster understanding and acceptance of trans people inside and outside communities of color. Among her many honors are the Virginia Prince Transgender Pioneer Award, and the Robert Coles Call of Service Award.
Sun, November 18, 2018 • 7:00 PM
University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee | Bolton Hall | Room 150
3210 N Maryland Ave | Milwaukee, WI 53211
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/185368462348096/
• ACLU – Wisconsin
• Alverno College
• City of Milwaukee Equal Rights Commission
• Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division – Community Access to Recovery Services
• Diverse and Resilient / SHEBA
• Gemini Gender Group
• Center for Behavioral Medicine
• Milwaukee LGBT Community Center
• Milwaukee Metropolitan Community Church
• Milwaukee Pride
• Unitarian Universalist Church West
• UWM-Milwaukee LGBT Resource Center
• Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault
• Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce
• Zao Milwaukee Church