- This event has passed.
Voter Registration Day!
March 14, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm UTC+0
Are you ready to vote in Wisconsin’s spring election on April 7, 2020???
If you need to register, check if you are registered, or get voter information, come see us at Zao MKE Church on Saturday, March 14, 2020.
You can register to vote, update your registration, or ask questions in a welcoming and affirming space with FORGE advocates. All are welcome!!!
We’ll help you register to vote, either online or by mail. All forms will be provided.
Questions??? Contact Shelley at email@example.com or (414) 559-2123 x4 (calls only; no texts).
*****WHAT SHOULD I BRING?*****
IF YOU HAVE A WISCONSIN DRIVERS’ LICENSE OR STATE ID CARD (ONLINE REGISTRATION):
- Bring your card with you or write down the number.
- Your card must not be expired.
- Your current name and address must match DMV records. (It’s OK if it doesn’t match. We’ll help you update your DMV record OR register though the mail.)
- If you THINK your name and address might NOT match DMV records, you should BRING a document (or an electronic copy) for “Proof of Residence” for registering by mail. Check out the list of example “Proof of Residence” documents below.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A WISCONSIN DRIVERS’ LICENSE OR STATE ID CARD (REGISTER BY MAIL):
- You will need to know your Social Security number, if you have one. (It’s OK if you don’t.)
- Bring a document (or an electronic copy) for “Proof of Residence” for registering by mail. Check out the list of example “Proof of Residence” documents below.
- You will register by mail – not online. All forms will be provided.
- You must be a United States citizen.
- You need to be at least 18 years old at the time of the election.
- You must register at an address where you have lived for at least 10 days (you can use your old address if you moved).
REMEMBER: IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE if:
- You are not currently serving a sentence, and
- You are not currently on probation, parole, or supervision, and
- You have completed all requirements of your sentence.
EXAMPLES OF ACCEPTABLE “PROOF OF RESIDENCE” DOCUMENTS:
- A WI Driver License/ID Card, if not expired or canceled; may be used even if driving privileges have been revoked
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
- An employee ID card with a photograph, but not a business card
- A real property tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
- A residential lease (does not count as proof of residence if elector submits form by mail)
- A picture ID from a university, college or technical college coupled with a fee receipt or an on-campus housing listing provided by the university, college or technical college
- A utility bill for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before the day registration is made
- (Homeless voters only) A letter from an organization that provides services to the homeless that identifies the voter and describes the location designated as the person’s residence for voting purposes
- A contract/intake document prepared by a residential care facility indicating that the occupant resides in the facility
- A bank/credit card statement
- A paycheck or pay stub
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government
How to get to Zao MKE Church?
Bus lines: 21, 22, 30, 60, Gold, Red, Green
Parking: metered street parking around UW-M campus